Monday, June 30, 2008

Rock the Kibbutz


This past week has been crazy. We just got back from the Kibbutz and it was incredible. Words cannot describe how amazing it was. This whole trip has really opened my eyes, not only to the world but to myself. A few weeks ago I never would have thought that I would ever ride a camel. I mean, come on, I'm a city girl, born and bred. I'm much more of a people person than an animal person. The closest I'd ever even gotten to wild animals was when my Swedish Au Pair, Annika, took me to the Bronx Zoo. It was kind of gross and I cried the whole time (Annika got a talking to about taking me to such an unhygienic establishment) . Well, nevertheless maybe I've changed. Maybe I am an animal person because I just loved riding that camel. It was so much fun!

The rest of the time on the Kibbutz was spent sitting around a campfire and, get this, singing songs. A lot of the other people wanted to sing songs I'd never even heard of. Luckily for them I'm a musician so Kati and I introduced them to some Kanye. Our rendition of American Boy as the sun set in Israel was awesome (I was Estelle, Kati was Kanye). Everyone was way impressed.

Also, I kind of, sort of, maybe met a guy. It's very low key right now but I can tell you he is beyond cute. I'll save all the details for another entry but, ahhh, omg! I'm gushing.

Miss you all! I will write soon.

xx,
Is

No comments: